BAM = ATHLETIC TRAINERS + TECHNOLOGY GUYS
BAM (Basic Athletic Measurement) headquarters is located in Seattle, WA. BAM's management team is made up of strength and conditioning coaches and technology professionals who share share the common goal of building the most effective methods to evaluate athletic skills and building precise measuring tools. BAM was started in 2008 by Brett Brungardt. Over the last 20 years, Brett Brungardt has established himself as one of America’s most accomplished and premiere strength and conditioning coaches. He has trained NBA MVP’s and dunk champions, Cy Young Award Winners, NFL players and Olympic athletes.
Brett is one of a handful of fitness experts who have worked with athletes at all levels of development: high school, college and pro. Understanding the arc of an athlete’s physical development, along with having tested athletes through each stage of their progression, puts him in a unique position to take athletic testing and evaluation to the next level.
Although he has worked as a strength coach for all intercollegiate sports since 2000, Brungardt has concentrated on basketball: from 2000-2002 as the strength and conditioning coach for the Dallas Mavericks and from 2002-2008 for the men’s and women’s basketball teams at the University of Washington. In 2009-2010 Brett was recruited to as the strength and conditioning coach for the Jiling Tigers and Beijing Ducks in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA).
His years of practical experience in the trenches working with athletes combined with his education in exercise science and physiology, give him a unique understanding of how test numbers can help coaches, scouts, athletic trainers, physical therapists and strength coaches.
Through BAM, Brungardt is realizing his vision by revolutionizing athletic data analysis, helping athletes reach their performance potential and helping coaches find athletes who fit their needs.
BRETT'S CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Development of professional athletes,
- David Robinson, Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki – NBA Most Valuable Players
- Brandon Roy – NBA Rookie of the Year, 2006-2007
- Brandon Webb - MLB Cy Young Award winner, 2006
- Tim Couch - NFL Number 1 overall draft pick, 1999
- Nate Robinson – two-time NBA slam dunk champion, 2006; 2009
Guest lecturer at universities, high schools and clinics across the United States and Europe. Topics include: exercise physiology, exercise technique, speed development, flexibility, motivation and nutrition.
Co-authored best selling series of health and fitness books,
- The Complete Book of Core, Brungardt, K.M., Brungardt, B.A., Brungardt, M.G., Hyperion Publishing, 2006.
- The Complete Book of ABS, Brungardt, K.M., Brungardt, B.A., Brungardt, M.G., Random House Publishing, 1993 1st ed., 1998 2nd ed.
- The Complete Book of Shoulders and Arms, Brungardt, K.M., Brungardt, B.A., Brungardt, M.G., Harper Publishing, 1997.
- The Complete Book of Butt and Legs, Brungardt, K.M., Brungardt, B.A., Brungardt, M.G., Random House Publishing, 1995.
- The Strength Advantage Strength Kit, Brungardt, B.A., Brungardt, M.G., 1987 1st ed., 1990 2nd ed.
- Understanding Exercise for Health and Fitness, Jackson, A.S., Rose R.A., 1986. Contributing author on strength and conditioning.